Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Advent Vestments

By the time I knew I would be ordained to sacramental ministry, I knew that most vestments did not fit me well. They got caught in my wheels, dragged on the floor, and slipped all over the place. My great hope was that if I was called to minister in a parish, that someone there would be willing to make vestments that fit me. I though it would be a hope in vain.

That hope has been fulfilled, without my even asking. A parishioner by the name of Gail Forrest has been building my collection of chasubles and stoles designed to fit me and my usual position - sitting in my chair. They are designed to stick in place. They don't get caught on anything.

And they're beautiful.

Take a minute and take a look. All the stitching is done by hand, uncountable hours of work.

I will keep adding photos as my closet gets more full. Look for white and gold around Christmas.

The front:



The back:


The stole:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home