Monday, May 07, 2007

Parsons in California

This Parsons would be me, and I catch a flight tomorrow.

There are two things that happen when I get worn out: I stop reading, and I stop writing. As I enjoy doing both those things, getting worn out takes a lot of the fun out of my life. I've stopped reading and writing. It feels a lot like how I felt a year ago at this time, during my year of chaplaincy. This time, however, I left the parish this morning thinking about how much I love my work. It tires me out sometimes, but I love it. I continue to be sure that this time I am in the right place, doing the right thing. Thank God! (Really. Thank God.)

So it is with thankfulness on my part that St. Mary Magdalene has sung a blessing on a trip to California. I will spend time with Karen, see Berkeley and San Francisco again, and take a couple days of study leave while Karen is continues her final residential quarter at UCDavis. We'll spend some time in the bleachers at McAfee Coliseum, hear the San Francisco Symphony, the American Bach Soloists, I will read, and I will sleep. I certainly hope to get a cup or two of cappuccino in as well!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you good visiting and good resting in the land of proper cappuccino.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 6:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jane R said...

Have a great time, Preston! Greet the beautiful Bay Area for me. And go to Bittersweet Cafe in Oakland (Rockridge, so right next to Berkeley, on College Ave. almost at the end) for the most fabulous mocha. It's made with Blue Bottle Coffee, so it's doubly good. Yummmm. Also, the croissants at Bittersweet are to die for.

Rest well, too, and enjoy the music!

Monday, May 14, 2007 4:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home