Thursday, February 05, 2009

My Lenten Series

I'm happy to announce my Lenten series for 2009:

On Thursday evenings at 7:30pm during Lent, the Rev'd Preston Parsons will lead a series called Crazy Monks and Holy Bishops: The Story of the Seven Great Synods, where we will listen to the people and explore the circumstances that led to the essentials of Christian reflection on God, Mary, and worship (among other important things). We will end the evening with Compline.

I can't wait. It's my first real opportunity to teach from the heart at St. Mary Magdalene.  I love this stuff, and I hope that others can find my personal interest contagious.  (I may even use the d-words.)

If you're in Winnipeg, drop in!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry - I'm not commenting on this blog - but a past blog of yours. You were so happy to write about the release of James Tramel, don't you think you should do a second blog to give the full story?

Friday, February 06, 2009 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger Preston said...

Hi Anonymous - no particular reason that I haven't mentioned the latest in the James Tramel story. My blogging has been light, that's all.

If anyone else is curious, the next part of the story can be found here:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/18/BAOR11OVUF.DTL

Sunday, February 08, 2009 1:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home