Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My First Out-of-Town Game

My stature as a true baseball fan must be rising. I am packing my bags tonight because I am not just off to any baseball game, but an out-of-town game. That's right, the beloved Oakland Athletics are in Anaheim, playing the Angels. And I will be there, Wednesday night and Thursday night, clad in the green and gold!

Combine Karen hinting that she might be happy if I got out of the house so she can continue to prepare for her upcoming comprehensive exams, with a very cheap airfare, me with little to do, and good friends in Long Beach who are also big A's fans: there I am. Off I go to greater Los Angeles.

If you get ESPN, the Wednesday night game will be on TV. I think because of that, they are giving out Vladimir Guerrero noisemakers, but I hope to bring some whiteout and a green marker and convert mine to maybe a Bobby Crosby noisemaker.

Look for the beer-soaked boy, and that might be me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it true that you have a green clerical shirt, with #75 on the back, and a yellow collar? Hope you'll wear it.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You were practically in my neighborhood! (okay, not really close to my neighborhood, but in the stadium we tend to visit when we have tickets to a game...). Sorry Fr. Preston, but I have to say it ... "GO ANGELS!" (i always tend to go with the underdog...)

We were at the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna while you were in green and yellow... Hope you had great fun.

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home