Thursday, September 01, 2005

On Long Beach

I spent the afternoon exploring Long Beach. I didn't think that this part of my trip would have anything to do with baseball, but as I passed by a fisherman on the pier, he called out to me.

"A's man, I love the A's! I wanted to go to that game so bad last night!"

He had a can of Budweiser on his bench. He was in a very good mood.

I mentioned that I was at the game, and that I was going that night, too. He said how desperately he wanted to go to the game.

"You know "Blue Moon" Odom?" he said.

"I've heard of him," I answered.

"He's my Uncle."

He didn't seem too terribly delusional, so I don't think it was just a story. Who knows, maybe I did meet the nephew of an old Oakland Athletic pitcher.

And here I thought I was just out for an afternoon at the beach.

More photos of my afternoon at the beach.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home