Saturday, October 22, 2005

Creepy Christianity

Here's one for anyone who wants to get a little creeped out:

Perhaps Lil' Markie is not so lil'.

I can imagine a little kid turning, and saying, "mommie did that man swallow Lil' Markie?" Maybe he's just channeling the little rascal.

Even creepier, though, is this song:

Diary of an Unborn Child.

Imagine putting this on the tape deck as your child is falling to sleep.

For more on this really, really, weird stuff see The Secret of Lil' Markie Revealed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds like a Muppet.

Creepy indeed.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

So who are they trying to reach with that weirdo Elmo on crack voice? Creepy is one word...
How did you come across this?

Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger Wesley said...

Ok, the first clip isn't so much creepy as... well... bad. I mean really bad. Awful, Tacky, BAD!

Well, maybe God doesn't want to accept our best after all. Maybe the mediocre is good enough. We all now how well that attitude worked for Cain.

Ah, but perhaps I am being too hard. After all, when my toddler gets up on stage with a bunch of other kids to do some little thing, it usually isn't the best in quality. And of course, I accept it as if it was. Why, because he is my child and because it is the best I he can do.

So when I present my talents to God, I have to ask myself... How long do I want God viewing me as a toddler?

Now, as for the second clip, what a great idea. I mean, we can see by millenium of experience that guilting people into doing the right thing is always the best way. Look how historically successful it has been in the Church.

ARGGG!

Ok, is it just me, or is anyone else emberassed to describe themselves using the term chrisitan anymore? Not emberassed of Christ or the Bible mind you. It just seems like every time I mention my faith I have to add conditions and justifications.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home