Sunday, February 26, 2006

Baby Priest's Gestalt

Though this might sound a little Orwellian, I do have the ability to see how people get here, including the strings people put in their search engine. Two recent searches gave me a little pause.

For example, if you put the words anglican, self, and mortification into the Netscape search engine my post A Day at the Game ranks #4. Check it out by clicking here.

Further, someone arrived here by putting the phrase "abandoned baby at trinity hospital" into Google, and ended up in my archives. I can't recreate this one for you, so you will have to take my word for it.

It's like a peek into the gestalt that is Baby Priest.

Baby Priest the blog, that is.

I hope.

5 Comments:

Blogger Preston said...

Any of you other bloggers out there have any memorable search strings?

Sunday, February 26, 2006 4:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a blogger who was collecting memorable search strings for a while; let me see if I can dig up the link... :-)

Mostly people get to me by googling "rabbi" or "velveteen rabbi" or sometimes the name of particular holidays or prayers -- nothing too exciting, I'm afraid. Though now you've piqued my curiosity; I might have to go check my referrer logs again...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Whisky Prajer said...

Word of mouth still counts for something, too: a mutual friend of ours - Terry Goertzen - pointed me here.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:58:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I link to you through my bookmarks... does that show up? I usually check my favs (you included) everyday... I'd almost given up on you. Then I got busy, then you posted multiple times! Now I'm playing catch up on your blog...
How do you view the search strings... is that in my preferences in blogger? Track back or whatever it's called.
Anyway I must go post since I've been tagged.
P.S. Happy Belated to Karen on the 18th (right?!)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:58:00 PM  
Blogger Preston said...

Ruth - I can see the referrals in my statcounter.com stats pages, which include search strings - they're super long, but usually begin with google.com or search.msn.com. And yes, all referrals that come from your page show up as a referrer.

I hadn't given up on the blog, but I did take a good break! My life becomes such that I just don't have it in me to post, but that's usually because I have an extra project on my desk apart from the hospital grind.

We had a great birthday for Karen, but I remembered hers, so no blogger penitence.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home