Saturday, May 03, 2008

Aslan's Child On the Road: Day 11 – Scarbourough, Ontario – May 2

Karen (my far better half) is on the road, blogging, and thinking about the liturgy:
For some reason I have had the following part of the Anglican Eucharistic Liturgy in my head all day:

Glory to God,
whose power working in us
can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.
Glory to Him from generation to generation,
in the church, and in Christ Jesus,
forevermore,
Amen.

I have always loved the line “whose power working in us can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.” The idea that we cannot even conceive of the power of Christ, or the result of Christ within us, blows my mind. It is awesome, scary, exciting, mind boggling and comforting, all mixed together! Thanks be to God!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

That's very nice of you Preston, however, I often feel that you are "my" better half!

Saturday, May 03, 2008 6:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home