Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's Defended

So . . . it's done. I defended, and I got a "pass with no revisions." No content problems, no reader needs to see it again. The only changes I need to make are on small points of style.

It's a strange feeling. Much of my life over the past four years has revolved around writing and reading. Now I don't have to do any of that, despite the great enjoyment I get from both of those activities. The shift from intense study to intense pastoral work will take some adjustment.

I'm curious to know for myself what I will choose to read, and what I will choose to write about. Will I keep reading ancient theology? Will I keep writing about the Fathers of the Church? Or will I write about baseball and cappuccino?

You all will be the first to know, because "Baby Priest" is now my primary outlet for my thoughts and reflections. So stick around. It's a mapless terrain from here on in, and I could use some fellow travellers.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Shupac said...

Congratulations. I finished my dissertation nearly 4 years ago, but that process pretty much cured me of any desire to read or write. Nice to see you finished in good spirits.

Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I've got my helmet on and my seat belt fastened! Go for it!

Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:28:00 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Will I keep writing about the Fathers of the Church? Or will I write about baseball and cappuccino?

It's not a binary choice. ;)

Congratulations!

Friday, September 09, 2005 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Sam Charles Norton said...

Just write about whatever takes your interest. You won't be able to leave the fathers behind (and nor would this reader want you to).

And oh yes - congratulations!

Saturday, September 10, 2005 3:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home