Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Release of James Tramel

Regular readers of Baby Priest might remember a post from a while back, called Inmate Priest is Tangible Sign of Hope for Those in Prison. It was an article about James Tramel, a prisoner who was a student at the same seminary as me, though I never did see him. He was in prison at the time.

We got a call from Joe, a good friend of ours and a good friend of James', with the news that James is about to be released from prison.

Prayers for James are in order, I think. He leaves the prison with a supportive community, but I can't imagine the transition will be without some difficulty and adjustment. I thought being a new priest took some unexpected re-orientation. James is a new priest and leaving prison.

Read some of the story on James' release here, at the Episcopal News Service: Inmate priest due for Sunday release.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this update. I find his story tremendously moving, and am glad to know he is slated for release! He will be in my prayers.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

It was front page news on the Chronicle.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew James when he was living in Santa Barbara back in 1985. I hope he's doing well. Now that they have released him, they may as well release David while they are at it. Good luck James, I always knew you would make it !!!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home