Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Feeling A Little Less Insane

Why a little less insane? Let's see . . .

In the past two weeks Karen and I have had a great visit from my sister-in-law and her husband Dylan, and my mum-in-law Joyce. They were here to visit California, to hear Karen's premiere of her composition "And Then I Crow," and to see my ultra-smart wife get a teaching award from UCDavis. Before Joyce left for Winnipeg I got a surprise call, and had to head home to Winnipeg almost immediately (for good reasons, thankfully). I left for Winnipeg at the end of the first week of my fourth unit of CPE. I was in Winnipeg for four days, arrived home in time to present a case at work, nominally recognize Karen and my 10th wedding anniversary, while getting ready to preach this past weekend. On Saturday a good friend was here overnight, then I preached on Sunday morning. This was followed by on-call on Monday. A string of mostly good things, to be sure - but unrelenting good things!

But why a little less insane? I'm still working too hard, so that insanity doesn't relent. but I got some great news over the weekend. It was really great to hear that a Rickey Henderson bobble-head will arrive soon with another good friend. But the best news? That will have to wait until this next Sunday, after a more official announcement.

One hint. The only kind of baby this invovles is a Baby Priest.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Preston said...

Lest anyoen think me to terrible a husband, Karen and I decided to celebrate our anniversary this weekend. We're going to Half Moon Bay for a couple of days of relaxing fun.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) anniversary!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home