Friday, June 30, 2006

A Rickey Bobble-Head (Maybe)

I got a package in the mail last night from Long Beach, home to both the Long Beach Armada of the Golden Baseball League, and some good friends who are serious about baseball. I went to see the Armada play the San Diago Surf Dawgs with Joe last year.

If you remember, I met Rickey Henderson and had him sign a baseball that day.

Now Joe has been hinting about a bobble-head of that formerly great MLB player and future hall-of-famer. But he is also known to tell "stories," having convinced me last year of a Little Winnipeg in Long Beach, settled by Canadian migrants in the early part of the 20th century whose descendants now sell tiny Canadian flags and perogies to tourists. (I'm kind of embarrassed to say I'm that gullible.) Could Joe have sent me another piece of Rickey Henderson's post-MLB career in the majorly-minor leagues? Or is he pulling my leg?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what is it? We, in cyberland, need to know!!!

Saturday, July 01, 2006 10:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home