Saturday, July 15, 2006

Feeling a Little Bit Jealous

Since Karen and I moved to California, I have wanted to see San Diego. It sounds like paradise, with cool ocean breezes, a lot of sun, and long beaches. Who wouldn't want to visit?

Well, Karen, for one. Or at least whenever we planned our occasional trips, if San Diego came up, she wasn't so interested. So we went to other places, which was fine with me. California is beautiful, and we have happily traveled all over the Golden State.

But I'm jealous, because someone is among the swaying palm trees right now, on a fully paid trip to San Diego, staying in a beautiful hotel by the beach.

Someone else is at home eating macaroni and cheese, baking in the absurd heat of the central valley, on-call and waiting to get paged to the hospital.

At least I get the satisfaction that she's sitting in meetings most of the day!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Preston - You should give me a little credit. We both tried to get here (San Diego) last Christmas (because you'd convinced me!) but we BOTH decided that it wasn't a good time of year(mostly rainy!). But I must admit that after being here, I think I should have tried a little harder to get here with you! It is a great place to be...although I am spending most of my time in meetings. I've only had only one swim in the Ocean (but it was with Sting Rays!)

Love from,
Your wife Karen

Saturday, July 15, 2006 6:08:00 PM  
Blogger Preston said...

Karen, you are right. We did think about it a little that Christmas.

And I should give myself a little more credit. In addition to macaroni, I have been eating sandwiches.

Ice cream sandwiches.

Saturday, July 15, 2006 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Elliot said...

Mmm... ice cream sandwiches...

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home